Most of the pieces are readily available to buy, with the proceeds heading to the college student artists.
MEMPHIS, Tenn — Memphis Worldwide Airport introduced the winners of the 15th annual Higher Faculty Visual Arts and Photography Opposition.
96 artists submitted get the job done, and 43 were picked out as finalists. 79 photographers entered the contest, and 36 finalists were preferred.
The winners have been introduced as component of a virtual celebration, and an open house is becoming held Thursday evening at 6 p.m. where the winners will get their awards.
Here’s a record of the winners:
Paintings (See selection Listed here):
- 1st Location: Meredith Dai, Collierville Large College, “Koi at the Memphis Botanic Gardens”
- 2nd Area: Taylor Nelson, Collierville High School, “Peabody from Below”
- 3rd Position: Eleanor Hsueh, Houston High College, “Memphis Smorgasbord”
Pictures (See collection In this article):
- 1st Location: Maddox McPherson, Metropolis College Faculty of Liberal Arts, “Area Code 901”
- 2nd Location: Brooklynn Hellums, Bartlett High School, “Metal Museum”
- 3rd Put: Natalia Ramos, Bartlett Higher School, “Remembrance”
All finalists will acquire a certification and 1st put receives $300, 2nd spot will get $200, and 3rd put $100. The airport claimed all operate by the finalists will be on exhibit at the airport for vacationers to see for a single year.
Most of the pieces are readily available to purchase, with the proceeds heading to the scholar artists.
The nine judges were from the area art local community, and incorporated reps from the College of Memphis, the Withers Selection Museum & Gallery, UrbanArt Fee, Christian Brothers University, Urevbu Up to date and the Dixon Gallery and Gardens.
Similar: Trip Specific resumes summer months nonstop Memphis-Cancun flights
Connected: Spirit Airlines nonstop services starts off in Memphis Wednesday | Here’s where by you can go on the small-price air carrier
Linked: Tommy Kha’s Elvis depiction re-installed at Memphis Global Airport 3 times following its elimination