Leaf Wreath – ARTBAR
I took a stroll in our regional park this 7 days on the most ideal fall working day. Temps have been lower 60’s, sky was dazzling blue, there was a slight breeze and just the odor of autumn in the air. The trees have been turning for two months now but on this working day, with the breeze, leaves have been fluttering to the ground all close to me.
I brought a bag with me to accumulate leaves, as a single does on ideal slide times, and I collected so many that it felt like it weighed a several lbs. I right away believed of the excellent notion for my large bag of leaves…. a leaf wreath manufactured with a wire hanger!
I very first saw this leaf wreath concept yrs in the past on my close friend Gina’s blog, Willowday. I knew it demanded a ton of leaves due to the fact they are stacked, and I’m ordinarily anyone who only collects what I can maintain, so I haven’t had a possibility to carry residence a major leaf haul right up until now!
How to make a leaf wreath with a wire hanger:
1. Obtain your leaves and prepare them by shade. I need to have gathered a number of hundred leaves at least, but truth of the matter be explained to I *still* didn’t have sufficient. I had to slash my hanger a very little shorter. So err on the side of also significantly!
2. Use needle nose pliers to untwist the leading of the wire hanger. Use your very own fingers to bend out the kinks, then to bend it into a circle. To slash the wire hanger (which you will likely have to do until you bought hundreds of leaves!), just bend again and forth a couple of periods in just one location and it will crack. You can do this by hand or with the pliers. (You can also use floral wire, like this vine-coated sort, instead of a hanger.)
3. Begin stacking and threading the leaves on to the wire hanger. It is incredibly simple to do, you can do a bunch at a time.
4. Thread them upside down until eventually you get halfway, then thread them ideal facet up.
6. When you are completed threading, use the pliers to bend the finish into a very little loop, then hook it at the top to safe the ring.
This wreath will start off to dry up very immediately and the colors will fade. If you want the color to previous, try out dipping the leaves in beeswax 1st!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this write-up? Here are some extra artwork concepts with leaves: